Accel Member's Financial Counseling
As a valued member of Bangor Federal, we are committed to serving you. As a benefit of your membership we are providing you with free access to financial literacy and counseling services. We have teamed up with Accel, a financial counseling program. Through comprehensive education and exceptional service, this organization has been assisting individuals for more than 44 years.
Through our partnership with Accel, you will enjoy unlimited access to financial counselors without paying - it's free!
You'll receive assistance with:
- Individual and family budgeting
- Understanding your credit report and how to improve your score
- Avoiding bankruptcy, foreclosure, and repossession
- Debt repayment
Accel can give you personalized answers to your individual needs. For issues ranging from a proactive savings plan to saving a home from foreclosure, advice is only a phone call away. Counselors are available Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. (EST), Friday 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. To use this new service, simply call 1-877-332-2235 or visit them on the web at www.accelservices.org.
BudgetSmart is an easy-to-use software tool designed to help families manage money more effectively.
- Determine how you want to spend your income
- Track how you are actually spending your income
- Learn how to adjust areas where you are overspending
- Experiment to determine how a major purchase or change in income would impact your budget
You'll love this budgeting software because it provides a simple, effective approach to managing and budgeting income. It is also an effective educational tool for children and teens!
Program Features include:
- Graphs and charts to help you paint a financial picture
- Enables you to establish a budget within minutes
- Easy to track spending
- Provides tips for improving areas of overspending or inadequate savings
- Flexible budget features; customize to fit your lifestyle
- Calculators and a help wizard to assist you with goals
For a free download, click here!
CheckRightCheckRight is a web-based checking account management education module designed to teach you how to manage a checking account. Use CheckRight if:
- you are looking to open a checking account for the first time or
- you have had difficulty handling an account in the past.
Among other things, CheckRight will help you learn how to:
- open an account
- write checks
- make deposits
- maintain a check register
- reconcile an account
- create a spending plan
CheckRight is a self-study program that allows you to learn at your own pace. Once you have read through the chapters, you will be directed to a quiz that will test your knowledge on checking accounts. You will be able to view the results online. Click here to start!