Savings & Club Accounts
Dividends are paid on a daily accrual basis. Your savings are insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration, a U.S. Government Agency. Open and maintain with a low $25.00 balance. No monthly service fees.
Club AccountsThis is a great way to target and structure savings for a wide variety of purposes. Come in and ask about the ways that we can help you prepare for those times when some extra money in the bank would be a great help...
- Save for Christmas gift giving
- Plan ahead for taxes or insurance
- Save up for that great vacation
Checking & Money Market Accounts
Regular Checking Account
- No minimum balance or monthly service charge
- Secure access to your account via Online and Mobile Banking
- Our audio response In-Touch Banking
- Get your account statement faster with CUe-Statements
- VISA Debit Cards
- Overdraft Line of Protection available
- SurF (Surcharge Free) Network access at over 200 ATMs in Maine
- Member Privilege*
This is for 18 to 25-year olds. It offers…
- $10 Visa gift card for new account holders (after account is open 90 days)
- FREE Visa Debit Card
- Oops! Refund (call to get 2 service fees reversed per year)
- SurF Network access to the LARGEST surcharge-free ATM network in Maine with over 225 ATMs!
- Free access to the Shared Branching Network – use any CU branch as if it was your own. Over 155 in Maine and 5,000 across the country!
- Member Privilege*
- Free Mobile Banking, Online Banking and CUe-Statements.
- No minimum balance or monthly fee
- Available for members ages 13-17.
- FREE Visa Debit Card for the teen.
- Teen and parents can monitor account activity through Online and In-Touch Banking.
- No minimum balance or monthly fee.
- A great tool for teaching responsible use of financial services.
Money Market Checking Accounts
Our Money Market Accounts are a great alternative to our regular Savings and Checking Accounts. They offer…
- A higher rate than a savings or checking account
- A low minimum balance of $2,000
- Minimum withdrawal of $500
- Allowed six pre-authorized withdrawals per calendar month
- Tiered rates based on balance
*Member Privilege® Overdraft PolicyAn insufficient balance can result from several events, such as (1) the payment of checks, electronic funds transfers or other withdrawal requests; (2) payments authorized by you; (3) the return of unpaid items deposited by you; (4) credit union service charges; or (5) the deposit of items which, according to the credit union’s Funds Availability Policy, are treated as not yet available or finally paid. We are not obligated to pay any item presented for payment if your account does not contain sufficient funds. However, if you maintain your account in good standing, we may approve your overdrafts within your current available Member Privilege limit as a non-contractual courtesy. Your account is in good standing if you (1) demonstrate responsible account management—such as making regular deposits to bring your account to a positive end-of-day balance at least once every 30 days (including the payment of all credit union fees and charges); (2) avoid excessive overdrafts suggesting the use of Member Privilege as a continuing line of credit, and (3) have no legal orders, levies or liens against your account. In addition, based upon our review of your account management, if we determine you may be using Member Privilege as a regular line of credit by creating excessive overdrafts, we may suspend the privilege without any prior notice. In the normal course of business, we generally pay electronic transactions first and then checks (low dollar amount to high dollar amount). We reserve the right to change the order of payment without notice to you if we suspect fraud or possible illegal activity affecting your account. Also, please be aware that the order of item payment may create multiple overdrafts during a single banking day for which you will be charged our Member Privilege fee of $25 for each overdraft paid. You may opt out of the privilege at any time, but you are responsible for any overdrawn balances at the time of opting out. Normally, we will not approve an overdraft for you in excess of the predetermined amount assigned to your account type. So as not to exceed your limit, please note that the amount of the overdraft plus the credit union’s Member Privilege fee of $25 (per item) will be deducted from the overdraft limit. We may refuse to pay an overdraft for you at any time even though we may have previously paid overdrafts for you. You will be charged a NSF fee of $25 for each item returned. The amount of any overdrafts plus our Member Privilege fee of $25 and/or a NSF fee of $25 that you owe us shall be due and payable upon demand. If there is an overdraft paid by us on an account with more than one owner on the signature card, each owner and agent, if applicable, drawing/presenting the item creating the overdraft, shall be jointly and severally liable for such overdraft plus our Member Privilege fee of $25.
Member Privilege should not be viewed as an encouragement to overdraw your account. As always, we encourage you to manage your finances responsibly. If you would like to have this service removed from your account, please call (207) 947-0374 to speak with an Accounts Specialist.
Please note that your Member Privilege limit may be accessible at an ATM, or through a POS transaction upon your request. The limit will not be included in the balance provided during an inquiry.
Limitations: Member Privilege is a non-contractual courtesy that is available to individually/jointly owned accounts in good standing for personal or household use. Bangor Federal Credit Union reserves the right to limit participation to one account per household and to discontinue this service without prior notice. New Accounts are subject to a 30 day waiting period.
Member Privilege is a registered trademark of Pinnacle Financial Strategies.