July 1, 2020
We’ve been preparing to welcome you back into our branch lobbies. At this time, the lobbies will be open for Teller transactions only. All other offices remain closed for in-person appointments.
We encourage everyone to continue using our drive-thru and ATM services as well as all of our digital and electronic services, whenever possible.
You’ll notice some changes when you visit us. We’ve added some safety measures to protect you, our members, as well as our employees.
- We have installed Plexiglas Shields at the Teller stations.
- Additional signage and designated markers have been placed to help maintain social distancing within the branch lobbies.
- Hand sanitizer will be placed at each Teller station. Employees will be hand sanitizing in between each transaction. In addition, high-traffic areas will be cleaned regularly.
- All high-touch information, such as brochures and applications have been removed. Should you need one, just ask and we’d be happy to provide you with one.
- The Coin Machine at the Hogan Road branch will not be available for use at this time.
- Our Technology Bars remain closed.
- Public restrooms will be unavailable until further notice.
We are asking you to do your part in helping maintain a healthy and safe environment when you visit one of our branches.
- Wear a face covering when visiting the lobby. For security reason, we may ask you to lower your face covering to properly identify you.
- If you are feeling sick or symptomatic, please do not come into the branch lobby, rather use our digital and electronic services or give us a call at (207)947-0374.
Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding as we navigate through this next step. We appreciate and value your membership at Bangor Federal Credit Union and look forward to continuing to serve your financial needs.
Kasasa Cash and Cash Back Required Swipes - May 6, 2020
As the COVID-19 virus continues to impact so many, we are extending the following action with Kasasa Cash and Cash Back accounts.
Changes to Your Account Qualifications:
- Access online or mobile banking at least one (1) time per month - Continues.
- Enrollment and receipt of electronic statements - Continues.
- 12 debit card swipe qualification requirements for Kasasa Cash and Cash Back account holders - Reduced to 6 swipes through the Qualification Cycle ending on May 28, 2020. (Beginning, May 29, 2020, the required Visa debit card swipe requirement will return to 12 transactions per cycle to receive the Kasasa Reward).
Truth In Savings Act (TISA) Disclosures:
- All other aspects of your Truth In Savings Act disclosures remain in place and upon the conclusion of the documented time-frame above, the account’s original qualifications and all other terms associated with your account will apply from that point on.
While we know these changes are small and are only for a limited time, we hope they help ease some of financial burden that this unprecedented pandemic may have caused you and/or your family.
Please feel free to call the Member Service Department at 207-947-0374 with any questions you may have. Thank you for your continued membership.
Becoming a Member 4/21/2020
Many people have been asking how they can become a new member with Bangor Federal Credit Union, open a business account or fiduciary account, or begin a savings account for their kids and/or grandchildren. Our Member Service Department has put together the most common questions we have been asked to share them here with you. Follow this link to learn How You Can Become a Member or add another account to your already existing Bangor Federal account.
Every situation and scenario are different; therefore, it may be best calling our Member Service Department at 207-947-0374 and discuss your different options.
Stimulus Check Update 4/17/2020
As members are beginning to receive their stimulus funds from the government, the Maine Credit Union League has provided information regarding the deposits and what our members and many others can expect.
Learn more about the Stimulus Check Deposits by clicking this link.
To enroll in online banking to check your account balance, go to the home page of this website, and click Register in the top right-hand corner. Here you will be prompted to enter your savings account number, last four of your social, and birthdate. The system will then prompt you to continue your online account registration process. Once your online banking is created, you can download the mobile banking app by visiting your app store and searching for Bangor Federal.
Feel free to call us at any time at 207-947-0374 for help with enrollment or account information.
Kasasa Rewards Swipe Change 4/9/2020
Bangor Federal Credit Union is wishing you and your family health and comfort during this difficult time.
Due to the CDC recommendation of social distancing, and the challenges facing our members during the COVID-19 pandemic, Bangor Federal has chosen to reduce the 12-debit card swipe qualification requirement for our Kasasa Cash and Cash Back account holders to 6 swipes.
The other qualification requirements;
- Access online or mobile banking at least one (1) time per month
- Enrollment and receipt of electronic statements are still conditions of these accounts and remain in place.
This change is in effect for the cycles ending April 29, 2020.
Bangor Federal Credit Union’s leadership will re-evaluate the situation regarding cycles further into the future and may extend the change as appropriate.
If you have questions, please contact our Member Service Department at 207-947-0374. Thank you for your continued membership.
Ways to Access Your Funds
We have put together a list of ways that you can access your account information, transfer balances, make loan payments, report lost or stolen debit/credit cards, and other popular questions we have received as we all are adjusting to a new normal. We are here to help YOU!
Governor Mills Issues Non-Essential Business Order
In an effort to stop the spread of COVID-19, Governor Mills issued a new executive order announcing expanded restrictions on non-essential businesses. Full order can be found here: Order Regarding Essential Business and Operations.
Fortunately, credit unions and banks are categorized as essential businesses, which means we can continue to operate as long as we continue adhering to social distancing recommendations. Following the CDC’s social distancing guidelines is an important way to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
Bangor Federal wants you to remain healthy! We encourage you to practice your own preventative measures to reduce your own risk of infection. For more information on what you can do to protect yourself from COVID-19, please visit the CDC’s website at www.cdc.gov or the Maine CDC at www.maine.gov.
If you have questions concerning our operations during this time, or if you need assistance with any of your credit union accounts, please do not hesitate to contact us at 207-947-0374. Our knowledgeable staff is available to help. In addition, our drive-thru service is open Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Letter from President/CEO
For the continued safety of our members, employees and communities we serve Bangor Federal Credit Union will be closing all branch lobbies until further notice; all member transactions will be conducted at the drive-thru lanes.
In addition to our drive-thru services, you can check account balances, transfer funds and deposit checks without stepping inside a branch with the following services:
- Online Banking – visit us at www.bangorfederal.com to register
- Mobile Banking – download the BFCU cuMobile app by visiting the App Store iPhone or Android
- Telephone Banking – call 207-385-2735 or toll-free 855- 838-5279
- Surcharge Free ATM network – access your funds by using your Bangor Federal Visa Debit or Credit Card at over 230 location in Maine
- Depository Boxes - located at each drive-thru location - simply drop your deposit in the drop box – deposits will be processed daily at 4:00 p.m. deposits dropped after that time or on Saturday will be processed the next business day.
In addition, we will accommodate Shared Branching members and non-members during these times at our drive-thru lanes.
If you or anyone in your family has been impacted by the coronavirus, we encourage you to reach out to us, we will have loan staff available to discuss your financial options. You may be eligible for an impact loan or loan extension. In addition, loan applications can be submitted on-line via our website www.bangorfederal.com
Please feel to contact us with any questions or concerns at (207)947-0374; we’ve added additional support to answer your incoming calls.
Please be aware that during troubled times fraudsters continue to be hard at work. We ask that you be aware of potential scammers. Remember, never give out your account number or personal information and no one from your credit union will ever call and ask you for that information.
Most importantly we want you to know that your credit union is financially strong, your accounts remain safe, secure and fully insured.
We will keep you updated as circumstances change. Thank you for your continued support and membership; we will get through this together.