Online Banking and Mobile Banking Password Update
Online Banking and Mobile Banking Users please note the following:
Bangor Federal is concerned with keeping your account information safe and secure, therefore on an annual basis, Online Banking requires that your password is updated to keep your account information secure.
To update your password, please follow these steps:
- Go to www.bangorfederal.com to log into Online Banking - be sure to use your current password.
- Once logged into your account, click the Profile link at the top of the page, this takes you to your personal information such as username, email address, etc.
- Next, click the "Change Password" link to the far right of the screen, which will give you the opportunity to update the password.
Just be sure to use the following security parameters as you create your new password:
- Must be between 8 and 20 characters long
- Must contain at least 1 lower case letter
- Must contain at least 1 upper case letter
- Must contain at least 1 number
- Must contain at least 1 of the special characters ~ ! # $ % ^ & ? + =
- Must not contain spaces or special characters outside of those listed above
- Must not match any of your previously used passwords
In some instances, you may need to have a unique passcode sent to your email address, a text to your mobile device, or to receive a returned phone call. This passcode will authenticate the computer that you have accessed the account with. Upon entering the new passcode, you have the option to “Remember this Computer”. ONLY select this option, if you are using a private computer, such as one from your home or office. If you are accessing your account from a public computer, such as a library, café, or hotel computer, DO NOT select “Remember this Computer.”
Mobile Banking Users:
You will need to log into your Online Banking before you can access your Mobile Banking app to update your password. Once you have updated the password to the new format above, log into your Mobile Banking app with the new password.
- Saturday, December 2, 2017, from 9:00am to 1:00pm. Someone will be available to assist you with changing your password.