Enjoy 24/7 access to your account on the go!
When using the Bangor Federal Mobile App, you are able to view your account balances, transfer funds, deposit checks, apply for a loan, find a Branch, or locate a SURF ATM or CU Service Center participant, all with the tap of your finger!
Mobile Access for Apple and Android Users
To use the Mobile App, you just need to have an active Online Banking Account. When logging into the Mobile App, use the same username and access code that you have setup for the Online Banking.
If you are not an Online Banking user yet, now worries! Follow this link to get registered for Online Banking today.
Mobile Browser (WAP Version)
If you do not have a smart phone, that’s okay! Just go to http://m.bangorfederal.com from your mobile browser and click the Mobile Banking link to login. You will need to be first signed up for Online Banking in order to access it.
SMS Text Message**
Once logged into Mobile Browser WAP version, tap the ‘SMS settings’ link at the bottom to enroll your mobile phone for SMS Text Message account access. Once enrolled, the short code is 86020.
Codes for SMS Text Messaging are as follows:
B = Balances
H = History
H acct = History for specific acct (ex. H S71)*
X from to amount = Transfer funds (ex. X S00 S71 50.00)*
HELP = List of Codes for SMS Text Banking
STOP = To Cancel SMS Text Banking
*When specifying an account for a history or transfer you will need to precede the account trailer with S for Share Accounts and L for Loans.
**Straight Talk phones may not support 5-digit short codes, so you will be unable to use the SMS Text Message functionality at this time. We cannot guarantee compatibility with all carriers. Text messaging fees may apply, contact your cell phone provider to determine applicable fees.
Remote Deposit Capture
We offer Remote Deposit Capture (RDC) through our Android and iPhone Mobile Banking Apps! With RDC, you are able to quickly and securely deposit a check without having to plan a trip to the Credit Union. Just simply log into your Mobile Banking App, tap Remote Deposit, and the system will guide you through the process.
- We encourage you to review the terms and conditions available within the Mobile Banking App before using the service as well as the following bullet points that highlight the program.
- All checks will be subject to a hold where the first $200 of the check will be available the next business day and the remainder will be available the following business day.
- Deposits made after 6PM will be considered next business day deposits. All checks collected within the same business day have a cumulative hold. There are daily limits on how much you are able to deposit through the Mobile App. Please call the credit union at 207-947-0374 for information regarding this.
- Once a new account has been established and open with Bangor Federal for at least 30-days, the Remote Deposit service may be activated.
- Checks must be made payable to you and endorsed by you with the restrictive legend “For Mobile Deposit Only” on the back below your signature. For a check payable to you AND any joint owner(s) of your Bangor Federal account, the check must be endorsed by all such payees and you may only use RDC to deposit such check into a Bangor Federal account jointly owned by all such payees. When the check is payable to you OR your joint owner, either of you can endorse it. Should a check be made payable to you and any non-joint owner, you may not deposit the check into your Bangor Federal account using RDC.
- Only the following items are eligible for RDC deposit: checks drawn on U.S. financial institutions in U.S. Dollars, checks drawn on United States Treasury, or checks drawn on any state or local government of the United States.
- RDC may not be used to deposit checks with the following characteristics: the front of the check has been altered, you know or have reason to believe that the check is fraudulent or otherwise not authorized by the owner of the account on which the check is drawn, the check is payable in a currency other than U.S. dollars, the check has been previously converted to a substitute check as defined in the Expedited Funds Availability Act, the check was remotely created, the date of issue of the check is more than 6 months prior to the attempted deposit date, the date of issue of the check is in the future, or you have any reason to believe that the check will not be paid by the financial institution on which it is drawn.