Cross one errand off your to-do list. Digital banking minimizes the need for branch trips — leaving you more time for what matters.
- Perform a wide range of banking activities for free within online banking:
- Get account, loan, and credit card balances and histories
- Setup real-time eAlerts for important events on your account
- Built-in Personal Financial Management reporting to see where you are spending your money
- Download transaction history in Quicken file format
- Create customized dashboards
- Make recurring or one-time transfers between Bangor Federal accounts
- Make payments on your Bangor Federal loan or credit card
- Open a new Club, Certificate of Deposit, Checking, or Money Market account
- Reorder checks
- Communicate with us via secure email
- Access bill pay through online banking:
- Pay everything centrally from one location
- Schedule bills to be paid at a specific time, automatically, each month
- Receive an automatic payment history for every bill you pay
- Receive notifications when bills are paid or when new payees are setup
- Have peace of mind with secure data encryption technology
- Regular Member Accounts receive 10 FREE bills per month ($1 per bill after the 10 free)1
- Business Accounts pay a nominal $5 per month charge and receive up to 10 bills per month ($1 each bill after 10 per month)1
Enroll in Online Banking and Bill Pay
- To enroll in online banking, click the button above or below. You will then asked to enter your savings account number, last 4 of your social, Date of Birth, and then to Accept the terms and agreement of using Online Banking.
- Next, you will be sent a Passcode to the email that is on file (please contact the credit union if the email listed is incorrect or not presented).
- After retrieving the Passcode, the special six-digit number will be entered into the Passcode field, you then have the option to remember the computer (please note only select “Remember This Computer” if you are using a private computer such as at your home or office).
- You will then be asked to create a password that is 8 to 20 characters long, contains: one capital letter, one lowercase letter, a number, and one special character.
- In the final step of registration, select a security image and assign a phrase to that particular image.
- To sign up for online bill pay, simply log in to Online Banking and click on the Bill Pay tab to get started!
View our FAQ or watch the video below to learn more about online banking.
1Additional charges may be assessed within Bill Pay, refer to the Fee Schedule for more information.
- Fast, free, and secure service for members enrolled in online banking1
- Easily keep track of your finances anywhere you go:
- View account balances
- Review history
- Transfer funds between accounts
- Receive alerts
- Deposit checks
- Available via any web-enabled cell phone or device
- Utilize this service three convenient ways:
- Save valuable time and effort; avoid an extra trip to a branch
SMS Text Message
Once logged into Mobile Browser WAP version, tap the ‘SMS settings’ link at the bottom to enroll your mobile phone for SMS Text Message account access. Once enrolled, the short code is 86020.
Codes for SMS Text Messaging are as follows:
B = Balances
H = History
H acct = History for specific acct (ex. H S71)2
X from to amount = Transfer funds (ex. X S00 S71 50.00)2
HELP = List of Codes for SMS Text Banking
STOP = To Cancel SMS Text Banking
Mobile Deposit (Remote Deposit Capture)
We offer Remote Deposit Capture (RDC) through our Android and iPhone Mobile Banking Apps! With RDC, you are able to quickly and securely deposit a check without having to plan a trip to the Credit Union. Just simply log into your Mobile Banking App, tap Remote Deposit, and the system will guide you through the process.
We encourage you to review the terms and conditions available within the Mobile Banking App before using the service as well as the following bullet points that highlight the program.
- All checks will be subject to a hold where the first $200 of the check will be available the next business day and the remainder will be available the following business day.
- Deposits made after 6PM will be considered next business day deposits. All checks collected within the same business day have a cumulative hold. There are daily limits on how much you are able to deposit through the Mobile App. Please call the credit union at 207-947-0374 for information regarding this.
- Once a new account has been established and open with Bangor Federal for at least 30-days, the Remote Deposit service may be activated.
- Checks must be made payable to you and endorsed by you with the restrictive legend “For Mobile Deposit Only” on the back below your signature. For a check payable to you AND any joint owner(s) of your Bangor Federal account, the check must be endorsed by all such payees and you may only use RDC to deposit such check into a Bangor Federal account jointly owned by all such payees. When the check is payable to you OR your joint owner, either of you can endorse it. Should a check be made payable to you and any non-joint owner, you may not deposit the check into your Bangor Federal account using RDC.
- Only the following items are eligible for RDC deposit: checks drawn on U.S. financial institutions in U.S. Dollars, checks drawn on United States Treasury, or checks drawn on any state or local government of the United States.
- RDC may not be used to deposit checks with the following characteristics: the front of the check has been altered, you know or have reason to believe that the check is fraudulent or otherwise not authorized by the owner of the account on which the check is drawn, the check is payable in a currency other than U.S. dollars, the check has been previously converted to a substitute check as defined in the Expedited Funds Availability Act, the check was remotely created, the date of issue of the check is more than 6 months prior to the attempted deposit date, the date of issue of the check is in the future, or you have any reason to believe that the check will not be paid by the financial institution on which it is drawn.
Watch our video below to learn more!
1Wireless carrier data rates may apply.
2When specifying an account for a history or transfer you will need to precede the account trailer with S for Share Accounts and L for Loans.
Please Note: Straight Talk phones may not support 5-digit short codes, so you will be unable to use the SMS Text Message functionality at this time. We cannot guarantee compatibility with all carriers. Text messaging fees may apply, contact your cell phone provider to determine applicable fees.
- Review up to 18 months of statements to save as a document file or print
- Eliminate paper clutter and help us go green
- Increase your family’s security and protect your personal information
- More secure than paper mail; no more private information sitting in your mailbox
- Statements are protected by multiple authentication layers and password login access
- Stop waiting for the mail and enjoy the convenience of eStatements
- Must be an online banking user to enroll in eStatements
Enroll in eStatements
To enroll in eStatements, simply log into your online banking account. Watch the video below for more information.