As a benefit of your membership, we have partnered with GreenPath Financial Wellness to provide you with access to one-on-one financial counseling, debt management services, and financial education tools.
As a national non-profit, GreenPath has been assisting individuals across the country for nearly 60 years and will work with you to provide the best possible options based on your individual financial situation.
As a member of Bangor Federal, you can receive assistance with:
- Financial Counseling – You have access to free, one-on-one financial counseling, and debt counseling delivered by caring, certified experts. They’ll help you to understand your situation, learn about options, and make a plan to meet your goals.
- Debt Management Services - If you have high-interest credit card debt, a GreenPath debt management plan may be able to help lower your interest rates so you can pay off debt faster.
- Housing Services – Take advantage of foreclosure prevention services, home buyer preparation assistance, and reverse mortgage counseling.
- Credit Report Review - Understand your personal credit report and how to improve your score.
- Student Loan Counseling - Understand repayment options that can postpone or lower your payments. Learn the pros and cons of each strategy so you can make an informed decision on which is best for you.
GreenPath Counselors are Here to Help
Financial conversations don’t need to be painful! Call GreenPath today at 877.337.3399, and one of their kind, caring, NFCC-certified counselors will help you access the resources and experiences you need to make informed financial decisions and find your path to a bright financial future. It’s free, no-pressure, and 100% confidential.
Want them to call you instead? Request a call from a GreenPath counselor today.
GreenPath Telephone Counseling Hours
Monday-Thursday 8:00 am – 10:00 pm Eastern
Friday 8:00 am – 7:00 pm Eastern
Saturday 9:00 am – 6:00 pm Eastern
Are you looking for a way to better manage your money? When people are financially healthy, they are happier and more productive and have lower stress due to concerns and worries about their personal finance.
With the BudgetSmart easy-to-use software tool, you and your family will have the resources available to you to help manage money more effectively. The software allows you to:
- Determine how you want to spend your income.
- Track how you are actually spending your money.
- See which areas of overspending need adjustments.
- Simulate how a major purchase, or a change in income, would impact your budget.
The BudgetSmart software offers tips, tricks, and suggestions for ways to improve spending habits. It also provides simple and effective approaches to managing and budgeting income that the whole family can use such as:
- Graphs and charts to help you better understand your financial picture.
- The ability to establish a budget within minutes.
- Tracking your spending.
- Methods to improve areas of overspending or inadequate savings.
- Flexible budget features which can be customized to fit your lifestyle.
- Calculators and a help wizard to assist you with setting goals.
Interested in opening a checking account but unsure where to start?
Whether you are opening an account for the first time or you’ve had one in the past, this course can help you understand how a checking account can benefit you. We’ll also explore some common checking account options, and how to best deal with challenges along the way.
In this interactive experience, you’ll follow Veronica and Nicholas through real-life scenarios as they interact with their new accounts, deal with common challenges, and use these challenges as an opportunity to learn and grow as they work toward their long-term financial goals.
In this course, you will learn:
- How to deal with and avoid common anxiety-causing situations such as missed due dates, overdrafts, and rejected transactions
- The benefits of mobile account management
- Which plastic card to use (i.e., ATM cards, debit cards, credit cards)
- What ChexSystems is and how you can overcome any roadblocks associated with it
- How to clear items from the mystical QualiFile
Estimated time to complete: 10 min